Volunteer Release Agreement
NOTICE – THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT CONTAINS A GENERAL RELEASE.
It should be read carefully and understood fully before signing.
This Release and Waiver of Liability ("Release") intending to legally bind Volunteer and his or her heirs, administrators, executors, legal representatives, successors and assigns in favor of Resource Service Ministries, Inc. DBA HopeWorks, a Georgia nonprofit corporation, (the "Nonprofit"), any association(s) or nonprofit corporation(s) providing or arranging for volunteers, (“Participating Organization”), any person or entity who participates in the Nonprofit's programs and events or whose home, facility or organization is the Participant of services performed by the Nonprofit (“Participant”), and their respective shareholders, parent and affiliated companies, directors, trustees, officers, employees, staff, members, volunteers, agents, successors and assigns (individually a “Released Party” and collectively the “Released Parties”).
Volunteer desires to volunteer for the Nonprofit and engage in work, services, events or activities related to being a volunteer for Nonprofit, Participating Organization and/or Participant (“Volunteer Work”). The Nonprofit is willing to accept Volunteer as a volunteer on its programs and to allow Volunteer to be present at Participant’s facilities or in the Nonprofit’s facilities on the condition that Volunteer release the Released Parties by signing this Release.
In consideration of the foregoing and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are acknowledged by Volunteer, Volunteer does hereby freely, voluntarily and without duress execute this Release under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. Volunteer covenants not to sue and does hereby release, forever discharge, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, arising out of or relating to Volunteer Work. Volunteer understands and acknowledges that this Release discharges the Released Parties from any liability, claim or cause of action that the Volunteer may have against the Released Parties with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death or property damage that may arise out of, occur during or result from Volunteer Work, whether caused in part by an act or omission of a Released Party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in this Release shall be construed in any circumstance to constitute an obligation for Volunteer to indemnify, defend or hold harmless a Released Party against any liability, claim or cause of action caused solely by the negligence or willful misconduct of that Released Party. Volunteer also understands that, except as otherwise agreed to by a Released Party in writing, no Released Party assumes any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to insurance coverage for injury, illness, death, disability or property damage suffered by Volunteer, a Released Party or by third parties.
2. Medical Treatment. Volunteer hereby authorizes each employee and staff member of the Nonprofit: (1) to act on Volunteer’s behalf in providing first aid and in securing all appropriate medical treatments and medicines for Volunteer in the event of injury or illness to Volunteer; and (2) to act on Volunteer’s behalf in accepting financial responsibility (which shall be borne solely by Volunteer) for all treatments and medicines secured for Volunteer. Volunteer understands and agrees that any expense will be Volunteer’s responsibility. Volunteer hereby releases and forever discharges the Released Parties from any claim whatsoever arising out of or relating to any first aid, medical treatment or medical service rendered in connection with the Volunteer Work. Volunteer understands that the Released Parties do not provide or maintain health, medical or disability insurance coverage for any Volunteer
3. Assumption of the Risk. The Volunteer understands that the Volunteer Work may include activities that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, construction, repairs, renovation, maintenance, working with electricity, working with gas, working on ladders, working on high places, use of power tools, handling of flammable materials, exposure to fumes, mold and dust, heat-related illness, cold-related illness, insect bite and sting, loading and unloading, transportation to and from the work sites, driving Participants to events and activities, automobile accidents, contact with Participants, volunteers and members of the public and participating in events and activities. Volunteer recognizes and understands that the Volunteer Work may, in some situations, involve inherently dangerous activities. Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of damage, injury, harm or death in connection with the Volunteer Work.
4. Authority. If Volunteer is under 18 years of age, this Release must be signed by a Parent or Legal Guardian, whose signature below certifies that he or she is the Parent or Legal Guardian of Volunteer with full legal authority to bind Volunteer and the Parent or Legal Guardian to the terms of this Release.
5. Photographic Release. Volunteer hereby grants and conveys unto the Nonprofit all right, title and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by or for Nonprofit during the Volunteer Work, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Governing Law. Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Sate of Georgia, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to its conflicts of laws rules. Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release, which shall continue to be enforceable. Volunteer agrees that the sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue for litigation between Volunteer and the Nonprofit shall be a state or federal court having jurisdiction over Fulton County, Georgia. Volunteer agrees to abide by the Nonprofits Driver Policy.